Friday, February 24, 2017

Sabre & World Maps

I have been working feverishly on StarCluater 4 - Sabre & World lately. Here are some map symbols to use when generating setting - I will have an example setting I am creating for my alpha testers in the final book, but the tools to generate your own are there:

Here is the map to the StarCluster 4 - Sabre and World example setting I created. Generating maps this way takes no cartographic talent! It's not super pretty, but it is super effective. This was generated spatially by rolling how far from center the location/symbol was on percentile dice. My players specified they wanted a world where the default was Forest/Wilderness.

Alternatively, you can generate the locations/components that the symbols represent, and place them where appropriate on a satelite photo or topological map from someplace on earth. Whatever is fast and easy!

Here is an example of a pre-existing topo map (Mount Marcy Area of New York) with StarCluster 4 - Sabre & World symbols placed logically, rather than randomly placing the symbols and creating a map from the result. People might prefer either way, so have at it! The map source is given - US Geologic Survey.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    game producer

    ReplyDelete