Thursday, September 29, 2016

StarCluster 4 - Toolbox 4: Engineer's Guide Released!

OK, people! Yeah, I have another release to announce! But first let me talk! The last release I made was Tuesday, StarCluster 4 - Toolbox 3: Starships. After I released it, I remembered a supplement I wrote for StarCluster 2 back in the last decade called the Engineer's Guide. I found the source files and realized with a little work, this could be a great resource for StarCluster 4. I began working away all day Wednesday, and finished up late last night. Then I began thinking...

I have already sold a number of Toolbox 3's, and this, in a sense, does much the same thing. It allows you to create spaceships. Now Toolbox 4 does it in a different way - an old school, math-heavy, system by system and subsystem by subsystem way, where Toolbox 3 was choose from these hulls - choose from these options - add stuff up - done.

So, I should have named Toolbox 3 "Quick and Dirty Starships"! I got that! Too late now! Anyway, if you bought Toolbox 3 and were wanting something more like Toolbox 4, let me know by PM. I will send you the pdf for Toolbox 4 gratis. Anyway, here's the blurb:

StarCluster 4 Toolbox 4 is a tool designed to let you create and control every system and subsystem of the starships and stations for your StarCluster 4 Game. Unlike Toolbox 3, Toolbox 4 is math heavy and incredibly detailed, but yoou can do whatever you want, at the price of detailed calculations. You can create:

Tech Level 7, 8, 9 and 10 ships - not just TL 10

Arbitrary sized ships - not limited to certain hull sizes

Armed military ships - not limited to just unarmed civilian ships

Matter-Antimatter Drives - for enormous power

Atomic space drives like Orion and Nerva types

PDF from One Book Shelf:

PDF from Precis Intermedia:

Print book from Lulu: 

4 comments:

  1. That's what you get for writing and designing stuff too quick for the brain to catch up with ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it in a nutshell, Bon bon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure your ideas and creativity is like a spaceship (in the movies at least) where the ship goes into warp and leave that beautiful multi colored trail behind. It's only there for a little bit before it disappears and catches up with the ship. The trail is your brain trying to catch up with your ideas. :) Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete