I'm working on the Spaceship design section now. As far as example ships go, what would you like to see? Of course a cargo ship to do the standard "space tramp" thing, but there's a lot more out there than that! I'd like to do ten designs. Some things I've been thinking of:
* Cargo Ship - Natch! Still the standard thing folks think of!
* Showboat - A mobile performance venue with rooms for the actors/dancers, simple kitchens to feed the crowd, lounges for drinks, et cetera.
* Courier Ship - Fast and lightly armed, with some protective devices.
* Liner - A mobile hotel, with restaurants, dancing, lounges, and entertainment.
* Excursion Vessel - A small-ish vessel to take eco-tourists to interesting but perhaps primitive places, and support them while there.
* Hospital Ship - A mobile small hospital for disaster relief.
And a few more, supplied by Somebody Else (First 3) and Marchand (last 2) from a thread on RPGnet:
* Merchantman - little bit of this, little bit of that, a big dream, and the cash to get it started, a merchantman is a privately operated craft the owner of which, who is often also the captain, has taken to profitable adventures to fill his/her coffers.
* Patrol Boat - small vessel, normally not equipped for more than a day or so in space, this boat is operated by a police force or equivalent in order to make sure activities in orbit remain nice, orderly, safe and legal - smugglers beware.
* Escort - euphemistically named and as heavily armed as a civilian-operated craft can get away with, the job of the Escort is to ensure the safety and well-being of the public by keeping them away from places and situations where the Escort would be forced to fire.
* Spy Ship - A small hull packed with sensors for leaving floating near rival installations.
* Scout/Survey Ship - A ship designed to support exploration campaigns.
Any other suggestions?