Friday, March 2, 2012

Gaming Genius Award

I finally received my Gaming Genius Award for In Harm's Way: StarCluster today. It came as a certificate, a Golden Pawn, and an explanation of why it took so long to get to me.

Seems they created the physical Golden Pawn award out of Canadian wood, turned and finished in gold flake, with a gold G on one side, and weighted by washers made from US scrap iron on the base - all renewable and recycled, right?

They sent them out, but... no one received them.

Turns out the scrap metal washers contained trace impurities of something else, and that something else caused the Post Office to dump the mail - I don't know what it was, but it was probably XRF analyzers made by the company I work for that found it. They do that...

Anyway, they forgot to mention this to either the sender or receiver, and everyone was left scratching their heads. Eventually, the Gaming Genius Award folks started an inquiry through the Post Office in Canada, and the truth came out. They remade the awards - and checked for trace metals before sending them out.

So I am gleefully holding my award - finally! Now to submit the games I released last year! :D

-clash

2 comments: