Friday, June 5, 2015

Merchanters and Stationers - Take #1!

I've started work on Merchanters and Stationers, my love letter to the Union/Alliance/Compact novels of C. J. Cherryh. It's not a complete game - it's a method for creating a StarCluster 3 campaign that feels like those works, without actually being that universe. I finished up the world/system creation last night, so now I have to do the other changes - mostly dealing with spaceships and peoples. I also need to find some way to get the claustrophobic, skirting the edge of ruin feel of Cherryh's writing. I have some ideas for that, but I need to test them out in play. You - the GM/Players, I mean - could, of course, just take the universe directly from Cherryh's books, but I can't do that for this game. This will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment