Saturday, October 20, 2018

Rockets and Dreams is Finished!

I finished the twelfth and last of the songs for Rockets and Dreams. The songs are much more cohesive than the purposefully scattershot songs from Greatest Hits 2018-2018, thematically and musically. I think the production is much better, and my guitar playing has improved! I have learned a lot about making music sound interesting and fun. Hard to realize Greatest Hits was released less than two months ago!

One of the songs was actually recorded for Greatest Hits - No Green, No Envy - was moved to this album because I couldn't get in touch with the lyricist, Angelo Aversa. Angelo was the drummer in my band Carnelian, and we wrote a lot of songs together. Volcano, Teenager, and The Stylist were also written with Angelo and recorded for this album, as I have been able to talk things over with him. I replaced No Green, No Envy on Greatest Hits with the song Carnivores, which was recorded for Rockets and Dreams, so that song should point in the direction I am going in the new album!

1 comment: